Saturday, August 27, 2011

About the creator

i should introduce myself to the masses, yes? my name is Amelia. i've been a creator since i was a kid, one of the hazards of having an art teacher for a mother. i've worked at Ikea, Cirque du Soleil, Victoria's Secret, Walgreens, an import store, a strip club, the Renaissance Festival in Minnesota, a jewelry/silversmithing apprenticeship, Rooster Farms Coffee Company, a library, and mostly recently been doing vacation rental cleaning. i've traveled through most of the US west of the Mississippi, spending most of the time in Arizona, new Mexico, California and Hawaii. i grew up in Minnesota. i have a beautiful daughter who seems to get smarter each day.

i am currently a community college student, but i've been having a crisis of faith in the school. what i would really like to do is support myself and my family with my art. this is the first time i've really tried to rely on my creativity, and i'm kinda hoping i don't fall on my face. i *love* making something out of nothing, taking things that other people would probably have thrown away and making it new again. hopefully you can appreciate it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be respectful, and criticize constructively.